Monday, January 25, 2010

This is where my journey begins.

Lets start with me saying I've never been a skinny woman. Up until about 6 years ago my average weight was around 160lbs and I'm 5'5" but I was happy with that. Well over the last 6 years and being pregnant twice in the last 4 years I've packed on the weight and it's not coming off like I want it too. I really can't blame the weight gain too much on the babies because at the time I got pregnant with my middle child I was in the Weight Watchers program and losing weight so I was heavy then. Now I'm at a point where I'm just miserable and discouraged and instead of bitching about my weight I need to get my ass in gear, off the couch, out of the fridge and do something about it.

Today is the day. This is my weight loss journey and journal. I thought to myself that I've tried everything else and now that I don't work and stay home with the kids I really can't afford any of the weight loss programs so since I got it on myself, I'm going to try to get it off myself. I plan to journal my activity and chart my eating habits every day and see what I need to change and do to get to my goal. My goal is to lose at least 60lbs and I would like to have it off by my 38th birthday, which is in August. After I reach this goal I will see where I want to go from there. This is totally for me. I want to be a better mom. A mom that has the energy and is able to play with her kids. They need that and so do I. As for my husband, he never says anything about my weight and he always tells me I'm beautiful, but too bad I don't feel the same.

As of today, January 25,2010 I start my weight loss journey I am at 220 lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment